I believe I have many positive qualities I bring to all of my relationships in my life, be they with my coworkers, friends, family, or a boyfriend. As we mature we refine our qualities and everyone in our life helps to either buff or hone those qualities as needed.
I think one key quality to any lasting relationship is the ability to compromise. And recently I’ve noticed a lot of compromising going on at my end of the relationship. A few examples:
- I make sure he has a good, healthy breakfast every morning – even if I’m running late for work
- I always clean up after him when he leaves his stuff around the house
- When I’m reading and he wants to cuddle, I don’t get upset that I can’t see my book as easily (or sometimes even at all)
- He makes a lot of noises when sleeping next to me at night, but instead of being bothered by this I find it rather soothing knowing he’s there beside me
- When he has a lot of energy he tends to fidget with various items around the house, usually making a lot of noise; I use this as a reminder that we all need to step away from the hum-drums and remember to play often
- Sometimes he is persistent with demanding my attention when I need to be doing other stuff, but again he teaches me to break way from working all the time
Learning to compromise and to accommodate others into your life is always a challenge, but I think he is definitely a keeper!